- Height: 6'3" Weight: 190
- Threw: Left
- Position: Pitcher
- Played for 17 years with Philadelphia and Boston.
- His only losing season of his career was his first. That year, he still led the American League in strikeouts.
That year was the first of 7 straight years as the American League strikeout leader.
- He had 20 or more wins 7 consecutive years from 1927 to 1933. During those years, he led the American League in wins and ERA four times.
- He tied the American League record for consecutive wins in 1931 with 16.
- He led the American League in ERA nine times.
- He led the American League in winning percentage five times.
- His career winning percentage of .680 is fourth on the all time list.
- Had a career record of 300 wins and 141 losses.
- He was elected to the Hall of Fame in 1947.
Home | News | About | Biography | Facebook | Photos | Business | Shopping